Operations Manager (Mat Leave Contract)
The Operations Manager is responsible for all operational activities for dmg events brands, from pre-planning to completion of the event. The individual will be accountable for managing the operations assistant, overseeing the contractors during the event, as well as temporary staff during the event. They will also be responsible for managing contractor and sub-contractor relationships, and negotiating contracts to ensure the best cost possible for dmg and our customers.
Reporting to the VP, the Operations Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Develop an Operations strategy to generate maximum savings with venues and suppliers.
- Oversee all events’ critical paths utilizing online tool.
- Negotiate contracts and build relationships with vendors, facilities and other key partners in order to improve efficiencies and manage costs for both dmg and our customers.
- Continuously develop efficient systems and procedures to simplify planning and execution.
- Manage all operational aspects of the events and conferences including pre-planning, move-in schedules, and execution of operations plan on-site.
- Oversee move-in and on-site contractor relationships of exhibitions.
- Update budget trackers and provide expense forecasts on a regular basis.
- Liaise with all other departments and vendors for sponsorship deliverables, catering, signage, AV, registration etc. to ensure all deliverables are met.
- Provide a monthly operating report to the Vice President on the progress of operations.
- Complete audits of all budgets and budgeted commitments.
- Write and update the back-office website of the Exhibitor Service Kit (ESK), with a focus to simplify the tool for customers and improve their exhibiting experience.
- Oversee customer satisfaction surveys.
- Participate in outside events that will promote the company as a critical member of the industry and community.
- Visit related exhibitions in order to make contact with current clients and develop relations with potential contractors and venues.
- Provide management, guidance and mentorship to operations assistants to ensure the execution of the Operations Strategy.
- Other duties as required.
As an ideal candidate your background will include:
- 5 years of large scale events management experience
- 2-3 years management of direct reports experience preferred
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Budget management
- Ability to negotiate and manage contracts
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite, including: MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
If you, or anyone you know, is a qualified candidate and is interested in this opportunity please send a resume and salary expectations, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.